Here's how you can reset IE11 to Microsoft's recommended defaults
Open Internet Explorer's Options (settings)
- Select the cog/gear icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. If you have the Menu Bar enabled, you can also reach options from the "Tools" menu.
- Choose Internet Options
Reset security settings
- Click the Security Tab
- Click the Internet Zone (earth icon)
- Click the "Default Level" Button (if available)
- Click Apply
Reset your privacy settings
- Click the Privacy tab
- Slide the settings slider to Medium or click the "Default" button
- Click Apply, and then OK
Make sure you have web storage enabled
- Click the General tab
- Under Browsing history, click "Settings"
- On the "Temporary Internet Files" tab, make sure it is set to "Automatically"
- On the Caches and databases tab, make sure "Allow website caches and databases" is checked
- Click OK
Empty your cache
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click "Delete..."
- Make sure:
- Preserve Favorites website data is UNCHECKED
- Temporary Internet files and website files is CHECKED
- Cookies and website data is CHECKED
- The other settings are up to you, however to fully purge all your cached information, check all the remaining items
Refresh the page
- If you still have the options panel open, click "Ok" to close it
- Then click the refresh button in the address bar (it's an icon that looks like an arrow shaped into a circle) or press Control+F5 on your keyboard.
Lastly, reset your zoom
As a last step, we recommend you reset your zoom settings to 100%. To do this, hold down Control+0 (control and zero). You can always bump the zoom back up again, but we recommend you start at 100% and increase the font sizes as required.